Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Surgery Day





So Madison finally had her first surgery today. Amber & I stayed last night at the Ronald McDonald House so we could get to the Hospital early in the morning to be with her one last time before the surgery. So she went in around 9:00am and we signed the consent forms and met with the surgeons. Our Parents all came up as well as Candice to sit with us while we waited. After 3 1/2 long hours we had our surgeon come out and inform us that everything went as planned and that she was doing good. We then waited for another hour as they helped her clean up and get comfortable because she was in a lot of pain. So after all of that we got to see our beautiful little girl again. It was hard to see her with the distraction device on her face and to see her sedated like that but we are very happy to be on the road towards recovery. She will be pretty much asleep for the next few days and we will be able to hold her again as soon as they remove the ventilator (which will most likely be Monday). They will also start turning the distractor on Friday and that should last for about 14 days. They are saying she may come home in 3-4 weeks. Please keep Madison in your prayers & thanks you all for the love and support you have shown us so far, it means the world to Amber & I

11 comments:

  1. you two are amazing. honestly. hard to see, but oh, so necessary. be strong (you already are...) and remember that we love all four of you. give hugs to kennedy and kisses to maddy. yes, you are always in our prayers... =) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two really are amazingly strong!! our prayers are always with you. we love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we have been praying so hard over here for you guys! As painful as it is for me to see her like that, I can only imagine how hard it is for you. Please let us know if there's anything we can do or anything we can bring you all! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh sweet girl. She is definately in our prayers. Love you guys. I'm glad the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are thinking and praying for maddy. you two are troopers. I (jen) work at Primary's in the O.R. so if you need anything, let me know! i'm up there almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Know that we love you and you all are in our thoughts and prayers. What a blessing it is have marvelous medical care coupled with the priesthood of God.

    Mike and Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh ouch! She is SO cute! I HOPE she can come home sooner that 4 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys, you're in our prayers. Please let us know if you need anything. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayers are with you. And I thought it was hard when I had a baby son under go surgery at 6 weeks, I tried going home to get some rest before the surgery, and it made me crazy to be so far away from him, it must be even worse with her being so little! And her condition so serious. Glad the prognosis is good. She's got lots of us praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. We can't wait to meet little Madison. Let us know if there is anything we can do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am cousin's with Ty Veenendaal, I saw your blog from his Wife Ashlee's, I have read it a few times and felt that I should comment, your baby is beautiful and your Family and your sweet daughter are in my Prayers- I cannot imagine how you must feel. I lost my brother who was disabled this past year and though it does not have any comparisons I remember all the LONG Days in the hospital with him and over 100 surgery's. If there is ANYTHING I can do for your Family I would love to.

    ReplyDelete